2 IN STOCK
- This 2", 90-degree mirror diagonal features sophisticated dielectric coatings with highly efficient 99% reflectivity
- Twist-tight clamping mechanism grips inserted eyepieces more securely than typical thumbscrew-equipped diagonals - without scratches!
- Dielectric mirror coatings provide higher reflectivity for maximum brightness and contrast with more durability than enhanced aluminum coatings
- Machined and anodized aluminum housing features machine-threaded glare baffles for peak performance
- Nosepiece barrel is threaded to accept 2" Orion filters, and a step-down 2"-1.25" adapter is included
We've given our 2" dielectric mirror diagonal a new twist -- literally! With its twist-tight clamping mechanism, the Orion 2" Dielectric Twist-Tight Mirror Star Diagonal presents a significant upgrade from typical thumbscrew-equipped diagonals. A simple clockwise twist of the diagonal's knurled red aluminum collar precisely centers any inserted eyepiece or accessory and holds it securely in place.
The innovative twist-tight mechanism keeps your valuable eyepieces free of pesky thumbscrew scratches, and also provides a more secure grip than thumbscrew-equipped diagonals. You'll especially appreciate the Orion 2" Dielectric Twist-Tight Mirror Star Diagonal when using a telescope during clear, cold evenings thanks to how easy it is to tighten and loosen the large, knurled collar -- even while wearing bulky gloves!
Built around a highly reflective mirror featuring lab-tested dielectric coatings that provide an astounding 99% reflectivity, the Orion 2" Dielectric Twist-Tight Mirror Star Diagonal will help you obtain the brightest views possible through a refractor or Cassegrain telescope equipped with a big, 2" focuser. Plus, since dielectric coatings are more durable than enhanced aluminum coatings, you'll enjoy year after year of exceptional performance without degradation. To further optimize contrast and brightness, the diagonal's anodized aluminum housing features machine-threaded internal baffles to eliminate pesky internal reflections and glare.
The versatile Orion 2" Dielectric Twist-Tight Mirror Star Diagonal includes a handy 1.25" adapter, so it can be used with both 2" and 1.25" telescope eyepieces. Both the 2" holder and 1.25" step-down adapter feature a twist-tight collar to provide the same secure, self-centering, and scratch-free grip for both 1.25" and larger 2" eyepieces and astronomy accessories.
The diagonal's 2" nosepiece barrel is conveniently threaded to accept like-sized filters so you can swap between different telescope eyepieces easily without the hassle of re-attaching the filter onto each eyepiece you use. Protective caps are included to keep the diagonal free of dust when not in use.
Please note: diagonals are not recommended for use with Newtonian reflector telescopes.
- Barrel size 2"
- Coatings Dielectric
- Optical Quality Diffraction limited
- Filter threads Yes
- Compression Ring Yes
- 2"-1.25" adapter Included
- Weight (oz.) 20
- Warranty One year