Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Qualifies for Free Ground Economy Shipping (CONUS Only)
- We've got your back - and neck! Right-angle eyepiece orientation lets you use the finder without bending your back and neck in awkward positions
- Internal amici prism provides a correct image ("normal") view, not inverted like in standard finder scopes
- The big 50mm diameter lens assembly reveals tons of stars and even some faint deep-sky targets at 8x magnification in a generous 5.5-degree field of view
- Aluminum X-Y finder scope bracket enables quick alignment with main telescope using two perpendicular nylon thumbscrews and opposing spring-loaded pin
- Makes a welcome upgrade from smaller and straight finder scopes
If you haven't yet discovered the comfort and convenience of a right-angle correct image ("RACI") finder scope, your aching neck would like to have a word with you. Indeed, looking through a straight finder scope can sometimes require you to bend your neck and back in shapes they don't even teach in geometry class. But with our 8x50 Right-Angle Correct Image Finder Scope, you can view in contortion-free comfort! What's more, it has a built-in Amici prism to provide a correctly oriented - "normal" - view, not inverted as with standard, straight finders.
The Orion 8x50 Right-Angle Correct Image Finder Scope has a big, multi-coated 50mm objective lens assembly and provides 8x magnifying power. Its field of view is a generous 5.5 degrees and has single crosshairs for easy, precise centering of objects. The aluminum tube has a gloss black finish on the outside and is painted flat black on the inside to prevent internal reflections. The rotatable front cell holds the objective lens assembly and acts as a dew shield. It is cut internally with baffle threads to prevent reflections and ensure excellent contrast.
This finder scope comes with a cast-aluminum bracket with a dovetail foot that fits the finder scope base on most Orion telescopes. Alignment of the finder scope with the main telescope is easy and intuitive by virtue of two perpendicular nylon thumbscrews and an opposing spring-loaded pin.
The finder scope's focus can be adjusted by loosening the knurled lock ring just behind the front cell, then rotating the cell either way as needed until focus is reached. The lock ring is then retightened against the cell.
Once you switch to the Orion 8x50 Right-Angle Correct Image Finder Scope, you'll never go back to a standard, straight finder again!
Weighs 16.5 oz.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase.
Finder scope lens diameter50mm
Adjustment systemSpring loaded X-Y