Qualifies Towards Free Standard Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
Contact use for ordering information.
This is a used 17mm Orion Stratus, a 68-degree eyepiece. It is in very good shape, with very little sign of use. Comes with both dust caps.
- This 17mm Orion Stratus eyepiece sports a monster 1-1/4"-diameter eye lens and a generous 20mm eye relief for exceptional viewing comfort
- An ideal telescope eyepiece for wide-field, moderate magnification views of the Moon, planets and bright deep sky objects
- Offers a 68-deg apparent field of view for a nice and wide window into the heavens
- Eyepiece is usable in both 1.25" and larger 2" focusers thanks to its dual-purpose body
- Optics are fully multi-coated and feature blackened lens edges for maximized light transmission and excellent contrast
If you are one of the legions of folks who have "upgraded" to a big-screen television set lately, then you've probably become spoiled by its wonderfully expansive picture.
Well, if you are a telescope user, you will be equally spoiled by the wide-field window into the heavens served up by this 17mm Orion Stratus Wide-Field Telescope Eyepiece. With an apparent field of 68° -- which translates to a 71% greater viewing area than that of a typical 52° Plossl, this telescope eyepiece quite literally puts more stars in your eyes. In the same way you feel more a part of the action watching a big-screen TV, with this Stratus "sixty-eight" you will feel like you are really experiencing your celestial targets, rather than just viewing them from afar. You'll never go back to Plossls again!
But it isn't just the Stratus' field of view that will widen your eyes. This telescope eyepiece has a sophisticated eight-element optical configuration that features a monster 1-1/4"-diameter eye lens to look into. It has a generous 20mm eye relief, so you'll get the "big picture" even if you wear eyeglasses. The optics are fully multi-coated to maximize light transmission to your eyes, and the lens edges are blackened to ensure excellent contrast.
This 17mm Orion Stratus Wide-Field Telescope Eyepiece fits in both 1.25" and 2" focusers. It sports fold-down rubber eyeguards and a knobby rubber grip. The chrome barrel features a setscrew security recess and is threaded for filters. The telescope eyepiece comes with protective lens and barrel caps.