Out of stock, but available to order.
- Take wall-worthy astrophotographs of your own with this advanced CMOS astronomical imaging camera based on the Sony IMX294 color sensor
- One-Shot color CMOS chip, featuring multiple resolution/aspect ratios up to 4128x2808, with 4.63 micron pixels
- Exposure range from 0.1ms-1000s, and USB 3.0 video frame rates up to 30+ fps allows short exposure video planetary imaging, as well as long exposure nebulae shots.
- Fully ASCOM compatible for use with image capture applications such as Sequence Generator Pro, Nebulosity, SharpCap, and more!
- Includes hard case, AC adapter, USB 3.0 cable, removable desiccant plug, and downloadable software/drivers compatible with Win 7/8/10
- NOT Mac Compatible
Orion is excited to announce the next generation in our line of StarShoot cameras: the Orion Starshoot G10 Color CMOS Imager. This extremely sensitive deep-sky astro imaging camera is based on the Sony IMX294CJK Type 4/3 14-bit CMOS chip, with 4.63 micron pixels, and a factory spec'd 10.7M effective pixel array. Multiple resolution/aspect ratios are available in software, and we've even maxed out the effective pixel array to 4128x2808! Exposures from 0.1ms-1000s and up to 30+ fps means you can shoot planets as well as nebulae. You'll be amazed at the results, all for a modest investment.
The StarShoot G10 features a two-stage regulated thermo-electric cooler with fan, capable of reaching ~35º C below ambient, which dramatically reduces noise. And the USB 3.0 interface provides exceptionally fast frame rates and downloads. Power for the camera electronics comes through the USB port, and the TE cooler is powered by an included AC adapter.
A standard t-threaded front opening, with an included 2" nozzle means you can attach the G10 camera to most all telescope configurations, including coma correctors, flatteners, and off-axis guiders. And with a built in two-port USB2.0 hub, that filter wheel and guidescope camera can be wired directly to the G10, which means you'll only have the one USB cable running to your laptop, making cable management much less of a headache!
The one-shot color CMOS chip excels at seeing very faint objects in a short exposure, and adjustable gain means you can boost the sensitivity in a given exposure. Imagine how much easier it is to stack a series of short exposures — less problems with guiding or satellites or airplanes ruining an individual shot.
Compatible with Win 7/8/10, and the camera includes a hard case, along with free control and image acquisition software. And best of all, the G10 is ASCOM compatible, meaning you can use most dedicated astro-imaging software on the market to unlock the full potential of your new StarShoot G10 camera!
Orion Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only.
- Hard Case
- AC Adapter
- USB 3.0 cable
- removable desiccant plug