1 IN STOCK
This Product Qualifies for FREE ECONOMY SHIPPING (Ships directly from Sky-Watcher)
- The Sky Watcher Evostar ProED 80 and AllView Multi-Function alt-azimuth mount are the perfect pairing
- A combination of high quality Schott glass and Fluorite result in high contrast, true color images
- 80mm, f/7.5 ED refractor is perfect for astronomy, terrestrial viewing, or photography
- Capture panorama or time-lapsed images of the Milky Way or the Grand Canyon
- 42,000 object database and SynScan controller for fully computerized functionality
Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80ED APO Refractor: Portable Optical Powerhouse!
Due to their unobstructed textbook-like diffraction patterns and exotic optical properties, the ED-APO produces the sharpest, highest quality imaging obtainable from any telescope optical design. These breathtakingly pristine celestial views are coveted by experienced amateur astronomers.
Virtually Eliminates Residual Chromatic Aberration
The Sky-Watcher ED-APO design assures virtual elimination of residual “false color” (i.e. chromatic aberration) normally present in 2-element achromatic lens designs which utilize standard crown and flint glasses.
Sky-Watcher APO refractors utilize the finest extra-low dispersion (ED) glass available, FPL-53. This results in the best color correction for an ED doublet lens.
Schott Glass Used for Front Crown Element and ED 2 Lens Element
The P80ED will benefit from the inclusion of Schott glass being used for the positive front Crown element in the objective. Schott is the recognized world leader in glass utilized for precision optical lens systems, including medical instrumentation and famous-brand camera lenses. While Schott glass is only used in selected models, all other models utilize top-quality, Grade-A glass from perhaps less famous but, nonetheless, highly respected, high-quality glass manufacturers.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems
The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2″ Crayford-style Focuser is Standard
Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2″ Crayford-style focuser-assembly with 1.25″ adaptor. Focuser offers 2 speeds for fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
Included Components for Selected Models
Comes with 2-speed backlash-free 2” Crayford-style focusers and quality foam-lined metal carrying cases as standard equipment. EvoStars are also supplied with right-angle 8x50mm viewfinder with bracket; 2” dielectric diagonal; two 1.25” LE (Long Eye relief) eyepieces (LET20mm and LET5mm); 1.25” focuser adaptor; and tube ring attachment hardware that works with compatible mounts.
The AllView Mount is a truly versatile mount, perfect for panoramic photography, videography and astroimaging. AllView is a fully automatic Go-To mount that can be paired with a variety of cameras, camcorders and telescopes. Take time-lapse video of outdoor activities, panoramic images of cityscapes, astroimages of moon, stars, galaxies, and more with this sophisticated computerized mount.
- Capture full 360 degree panoramas with a DSLR or most point-and-shoot cameras
- Capture motion time lapse movies with your DSLR while the mount rotates
- When shooting video with a camcorder or DSLR, use AllView as a motorized panning head for smooth motion
- Attach any small telescope (using the standard 1.75” dovetail bar) and the mount’s Go-To electronics will find any of 42,000 celestial objects and automatically center and track them in your eyepiece.
- Electronic shutter release — automatically triggers your DSLR when shooting panoramas or time lapse images*
- Dual encoder technology — allows you to move the mount by hand or using the hand control and without losing alignment
- 3/8” tripod socket for mounting to virtually any prosumer tripod
- Can be powered using 10 internally carried AA batteries for use in the field without the need for a bulky external power supply
- Motorized mount can be easily removed from the heavy duty tripod for easy transportation and storage
- Intuitive interface of the computerized hand control makes it easy to setup panoramas and time lapse images
- All brackets are included for mounting cameras and camcorders that use a standard ¼-20 tripod socket
*The supplied shutter release cable works with Canon Rebel DSLR cameras. Optional cables are available for other camera manufacturers and models.
|Telescope Series||SkyWatcher Evostar Pro ED APO|
|Telescope Optical Design||Refractor|
|Refractor Design||Apochromat (APO)|
|Number of Refractor Elements||2|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/7.5|
|Telescope Focal Length (mm)||600|
|Optical Coatings||Metallic High-Transmission Coatings|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||11x|
|Highest Useful Magnification||189x|
|Light-Gathering Power Compared to Human Eye||131x|
|Telescope Tripod Included?||Yes|
|Diagonal Included?||Yes - 2" Star Diagonal|
|Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included?||Yes - 2 Eyepieces Included|
|Finder Included?||Yes - 8 x 50 Finder Included|
|Includes Telescope Case?||Yes|
|Focuser Style||Crayford/Crayford Style|
|Focuser Speed||Dual Speed|
|Telescope Mount Type||Alt-Azimuth|
|Telescope Mount Weight Capacity (lb.)||9 lb.|
|Objects in Telescope Database||42,000 +|
|Telescope Power Source||AA Batteries|
|Telescope OTA Length (in.)||23.82|
|Telescope OTA Weight (lb.)||12.61|
|Telescope Warranty Period||1 year|