Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Qualifies Towards Free Ground Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
Mile High Astronomy Black Friday Special
This is a complete h-alpha viewing package with the SolarMax II 60 DS, and the SolarQuest automated solar tracking mount.
- Coronado SolarMax II 60 Double-Stack with case and 18mm Cemax eyepiece
- SkyWatcher SolarQuest solar tracking mount and tripod
- 210mm Vixen dovetail and screws to connect the scope and mount
Coronado SolarMax II 60 DS Features
- Used around the world by serious solar enthusiasts and professional research facilities alike for safe observation of the Sun
- Solar telescope lets you safely observe surface detail and prominences on the Sun in hydrogen-alpha (Ha) light
- SolarMax II 60 is tunable to achieve the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb
- Features a 10mm blocking filter with sub 0.5 angstrom bandwidth filtering
- Powerful but very portable, this high-resolution Solar Telescope offers dedicated visual observation of the Sun as well as high quality imaging
The Coronado SolarMax II 60 is designed to do much more than merely show you sunspots, as an ordinary white light solar filter can. The SolarMax II 60 will reveal the ever-changing tapestry of prominences leaping off the edges of the solar disk, the explosive upheavals of flares on the face of the Sun, and the subtle mottling of granulation across the face of this nearest of stars in gorgeous detail. The solar filter has a <0.5 angstrom bandpass, centered on the 6562.8 angstrom H-Alpha line. The sub-angstrom passband width gives you an ideal balance of prominence and surface detail alike. The filter is thermally stable, so the SolarMax II 60 will not drift off the H-Alpha line as the filter heats up during use. The 10mm clear aperture of the blocking filter built into the star diagonal of the SolarMax II 60 is designed to provide full disk views of the Sun for visual use and imaging.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
The Meade Coronado SolarMax II represents a breakthrough in solar observing with the RichView tuning assembly. This patented system allows direct tuning of the primary filter etalon. You can tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb. The stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase.
This very high quality 60mm Solar Telescope acts as a personal solar observatory featuring a 400mm focal length and f/6.6 focal ratio with a 10mm blocking filter with sub 0.7 angstrom bandwidth filtering. Includes mounting rings with ¼-20 tapped holes, Cemax 25mm eyepiece, Sol Ranger solar finder and carry case. Weight is 6 pounds. Dovetail rail, mount, and tripod required (sold separately).
Coronado assures that all solar filters and solar telescopes are tested at specialized labs that are accredited to verify compliance with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications for solar viewing.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
The Sky-Watcher SolarQuest solar tracking mount is lightweight and ridiculously easy to use. No need to worry about aligning your equipment the night before or early in the morning. Using its patented HelioFind solar finder and built-in GPS, SolarQuest autolevels and calculates the azimuth and altitude of the sun, all with the single push of a button. Once self-aligned, the mount locates and tracks the sun for hours at a time. SolarQuest is perfect for eclipse chasers or anyone fascinated with our closest star.
SolarQuest is for solar observation only.
- Weight Capacity: 11 lbs.
- Total weight: 8.9 lbs.
- Power: 8 AA batteries (not supplied) or 12V with included adapter plate
- Dovetail: Vixen style
- Built-in GPS
- Helio-Find technology for auto location of the sun
- Built-in 8-way joy stick for centering of the sun
- DC servo motors
- Slew Speeds: 16x and 1200x
- 3/8 thread mounting hole
- Adjustable aluminum tripod with accessory tray
- Included tripod extension
|Best for viewing||Solar|
|Eyepieces||Cemax 25.0mm (1.25")|
|Magnification with included eyepieces||16x|
|Lowest useful magnification||9x|
|Highest useful magnification||120x|
|Highest theoretical magnification||120x|
|Optical quality||Diffraction limited|
|Finder scope||Sol Ranger|
|Diagonal degrees||1.25" 90° Blocking Filter|
|Mount type||Optical Tube without Mount|
|Weight, optical tube||6.0 lbs.|
|Weight, fully assembled||6.0 lbs.|
|Additional included accessories||Mounting ring, BF10 blocking filter|
|Other features||0.5 angstrom bandpass|