Out of stock, but available to order.
Shipping Charge Applies, or FREE Curbside Pickup.
Tele Vue Gibraltar HD5 Alt-Az Mount & Tripod w/Sky Tour
Because portability and usability are design objectives for all Tele Vue scopes, the Gibraltar HD5 Mount has also been produced with these qualities in mind. TeleVue's yoke and cradle design provides balanced, smooth movements.
This sturdy Gibraltar HD5 Alt-Az Mount's larger, heavier head is an excellent match for Tele Vue's 5" optical tubes. The head is an inch wider than TeleVue's first Tele-Pod, and features larger bearings and cradle holes to receive the Tele Vue NP127 baseplate along with other TeleVue telescopes. Large bearing surfaces and thick wood tripod legs are equipped to take on these payloads, particularly for high power observing.
Leg extensions lift the altitude axis up to five feet, the perfect height for use with Tele Vue's Air-Chair observing stool. Scale on these leg extensions allows duplicated height setting. A wood accessory tray binds the legs together for stability. Integrated pier enables high-altitude viewing. Additionally, a bubble-level is built into the tripod base. Sky tour compatible.
Tele Vue Sky Tour Computer
Tele Vue's Sky Tour computerized object locating system smoothly coordinates with their mounts to give the user access to over 2,000 objects. Quick 2-star alignment setup enables fixed object observation without having to tinker with longitude, latitude, date or time selections. User-friendly Guide mode demonstrates the direction the scope must move to achieve centering on the user's target object. Sky Tour provides R.A./Dec. digital position readout for mounts. For additional objects, Sky Tour has the ability to collaborate with TheSky astronomy software from Software Bisque through your laptop.
Tele Vue Gibraltar HD4 Alt-Az Mount & Tripod Specifications
- Weight: 22.9 lbs.
- Height Range: 42" to 60"
- Altitude Range: +80º to -12º
- Suggested Telescope: NP127is
- 10-character red LED display
- 5-level display dimming
- Display Resolution: 1 minute, right ascension; 0.1º declination
- Display Modes:
- STAR FIX - Alignment mode using convenient star list
- RA DEC - Current right ascension and declination
- CATALOG - Complete database of celestial objects
- GUIDE - Shows direction and distance to object
- ALIGN - Uses full database to fine-tune alignment
- IDENTIFY - Identifies object by type
- Tom Lorenzin 2000+ object catalog database includes:
- 110 Messier objects
- Selected NGC objects
- Selected IC objects
- Selected Non-Standard objects
- Selected colored, double, and multiple stars
- 31 alignment stars
- 8 planets
- Customizable FAVorites database that can hold up to 99 objects
- Coordinate Epoch: AD 2000
- Tele Vue Alt/Az
- Dobsonian Alt/Az
- Custom Alt/Az
- German Equatorial
- Alt/Azimuth Setup: Requires 2-star alignment - no input for latitude, longitude, date or time required
- Encoder Resolution: 2160 step, 0.167-degree per step (10-arcminute per step) encoders
- Sampling Rate: 0.5 ms
- Maximum Slew Rate: 160 degrees per second
- Sidereal Clock Accuracy: 0.01%
- Dimensions: 2.8" x 4.6" x 1.1"
- Weight: 6 oz. including 9v battery
- Power Requirements: 5.1 to 14V DC Reverse polarity protected