The 6" Eagle is a breeze to set up and adjust. Large comfortable hand knobs make the whole process tool-free!
To set up or adjust, simply loosen the 3 Leg Adjustment Knobs to spread the legs apart or fold them in. Move the legs in and out from the 6" Eagle's center column to fine tune the pier's height and to level the assembly if the ground is uneven. Then, re-tighten the knobs. The 6" Eagle's feet articulate to adjust to the terrain.
To change the pier height, remove the three machined knobs that attach the extension to the bottom of the pier’s central column and simply re-attach the extension to the top of the pier. It’s that easy! An optional 4” or 8” extension can be added for increased height when observing with longer refractors. The 6" Eagle can be adjusted as follows:
- Your mounting will have an additional 30 degrees of azimuth adjustment in the Pier Adapter Slots. This will greatly speed up rough polar alignment!
- Pier leg uneven ground adjustment range: 4" over a 36" distance, or 6.5 degrees of slope (while maintaining a minimum distance of 18" from the center of the pier to each foot)
- Pier leg maximum spread: 48" diameter circle (maximum stability - see illustration below)
- Pier leg minimum recommended spread: 36" diameter circle (minimum stability - see illustration below)
- Pier height min: 24"
- Pier height max: 36" (with legs brought in to 36" diameter circle); 32" (with legs spread to 48" diameter circle)
- Pier height max with 8" Extension (sold separately): 44" (with legs brought in to 36" diameter circle); 40" (with legs spread to 48" diameter circle)
- Pier measurements folded: 12" diameter x 32" length
- Pier weight: 28 lb. (12.7 kg) (not including extensions and accessory trays)