See It In Person - On Display In Our Showroom!
SHIPPING NOT AVAILABLE - In Store Only
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
We do not offer products for purchase unless they are in stock.
Condition: Used in good condition, but mirror shows dust from use (not picked up in product photos). Previous owner reports problems keeping collimation and alignment with the stock focuser, and suggests purchaser consider an upgraded focuser. (This will likely depend on weight of your imaging train.) There is a Telrad base taped onto the tube, telrad not included. No box or packing material, in store only.
An RC has virtually no coma (stars can look like little comets around the edges of the field with some telescopes.
No Chromatic Aberration: Because a Ritchey Chretien does not use lenses or corrector plates, the design does not suffer from chromatic aberrations (false color).
No Spherical Aberration: The use of hyperbolic mirrors, for both the primary and secondary mirror, removes the problem of spherical aberration from its optical system, giving you excellent focus.
- Optical Highlights: The concave hyperbolic primary and convex hyperbolic secondary are made from low expansion quartz, and finished with a scratch-resistant highly reflective 99% dielectric coating for great contrast.
- Multiple Knife-Edge Baffle System: The computer designed and optimized baffle system in the TPO Ritchey Chretien works wonders at keeping stray light at bay. Inside the tube are ten light baffles, and the primary and secondary mirrors are baffled as well.
- Carbon Fiber Optical Tube: Besides being modern and visually appealing, carbon fiber is light-weight, strong, and has a lower coefficient of expansion than aluminum. That means your OTA will be tough and not weigh more than it has to, but also that your focus won't tend to shift as temperatures change throughout the night.
- 2-inch Dual Speed Crayford Focuser: You'll love the 2-inch 1:10 Dual Speed Crayford focuser that comes standard on this RC. The dual knobs allow you choose the speed, which you focus. One turn of the larger knob equalsten turns of the smaller knob, so small adjustments are easy to do with this efficient focuser. A 1.25-inch compression ring adapter is also included so you can use both 2-inch and 1.25-inch eyepieces.
- A Fixed Primary Eliminates Image Shift: The Ritchey Chretien has a primary mirror that is fixed in place, removing the possibility of image shift and also the job of collimating the primary.
- Two Dovetails & Finderscope Base Included: A Losmandy-style dovetail is attached to the bottom of the OTA, and a Vixen-style dovetail rail is attached to the top for quick and easy attachment to a variety of mounts. While a finderscope is not included, the OTA comes standard with a finderscope base that will accept Vixen-style brackets (if you want an optical finder) or most red dot finders.
- Long Back Focus: 250mm allows you to mount lots of imaging gear!
|Aperture||203 mm (8")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||1624 mm|
|Optical Design||Ritchey Chretien|
|Tube Weight||16.4 lb|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|