Qualifies Towards Free Ground Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
This is a LOW latitude base for the SkyGuider Pro. You can only use this from 4 degrees to 34 degrees latitude. (Useful in Hawaii, South Texas, Florida and international locations.) It is in like new condition, completely unmarked, in its original box. The previous owner was located in the Denver area, at about 40 degrees latitude, and did not use this.
Please note that this does not include the extension bar - only the base itself. You can buy the extension bar here. The fact that this doesn't have the extension bar has been taken into consideration in the pricing.
One complaint some users have about the SkyGuider Pro is the latitude base adjustments aren't as precise as they would like. This attractive and rock-solid Vixen-style base from William Optics is an ideal upgrade. Precisely and 100% CNC manufactured, this base improves the mount stability and facilitates adjustment and control of the mount position and tracking. The look and feel of this base makes it an ideal match for the William Optics RedCat 51 optical tube, but it works with any small telescope with a Vixen mounting rail.
Note: The base is adjustable between high and low latitude settings by moving a stopper block with a hex wrench.
- The High Latitude setting is suitable for locations from 32 degrees to 59 degrees latitude.
- The Low Latitude setting is suitable for locations from 4 degrees to 34 degrees. (Useful in Hawaii, South Texas, Florida and international locations.)
- 100% precision CNC made.
- A big upgrade for stability and adjustment.
- High Latitude Version: Adjustment from 32～59 degree latitude.
- Low Latitude Version: Adjustment from 4～34 degree latitude.
- Weight: 990g