Qualifies Towards Free Standard Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
Contact use for ordering information.
This is a used Orion Ultrablock filter made in Korea. It is in its original case, but with no box. It is in good condition, showing some signs of use.
- In areas plagued with significant light pollution, our UltraBlock eyepiece filter greatly increases contrast of emission and planetary nebulas
- Allows you to see features and details through a telescope that would normally be lost due to light pollution
- Blocks all forms of light pollution while passing critical hydrogen-beta and ionized oxygen wavelengths of light
- Enhances the sky presence of a significant number of fainter deep-sky objects
- Use with any filter-thread equipped 1.25" Orion eyepiece. Metal filter cell construction.
The 1.25" Orion UltraBlock Narrowband telescope eyepiece filter is the filter of choice for deep-sky observers viewing from highly light-polluted sites.
Light pollution can significantly decrease the quality of telescopic views of deep-sky objects. The UltraBlock filter blocks all forms of light pollution from incandescent and fluorescent lighting, including mercury vapor and sodium emission bands, while passing critical hydrogen-beta and ionized oxygen wavelengths. With an UltraBlock telescope eyepiece filter, emission and planetary nebulas "surface" from the washed-out background sky seen from light-polluted areas. With contrast increased, you'll be able to discern more detail in deep-sky observations.
In dark skies, the UltraBlock also enhances the sky presence of a significant number of fainter deep-sky celestial objects. You'll see more of these faint nebulas, galaxies, and clusters with an UltraBlock compared to unfiltered and wideband-filtered views. You'll simply see more with an Orion UltraBlock filter!
The handy 1.25" UltraBlock filter can be installed on any 1.25" filter-threaded telescope eyepiece.