Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
This is a used Orion ST80 in excellent condition, brought in by one of our regular customers. The optics are whistle-clean. The only signs of use are a couple of dings on the vixen dovetail, and a ding on the front of the finderscope. Otherwise, the unit and accessories are pristine.
Includes original box and packing materials, so this can be shipped.
- ShortTube 80 wide-field wonder, configured for astronomical viewing, is back!
- Multi-coated 400mm (f/5.0) achromatic optics provide maximum light throughput to your eye for bright views of deep-sky and solar system objects
- Big 8x40 finder scope makes it easy to locate your target object
- Features a smooth-adjusting 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser to keep images sharp
- Includes 90-degree mirror star diagonal, two quality Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), tube rings, and a Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar
It's back! The Orion ShortTube 80-A achromatic refractor telescope is back in our lineup, by popular demand. It's the version of our ShortTube 80 achromatic refractor that's outfitted for astronomical observation (the "A" is for Astronomy).
The ShortTube 80-A is a compact, wide-field, take-anywhere astro telescope. You'll love the bright, expansive views it delivers. The telescope's 80mm objective lens and short 400mm (f/5) focal length are ideal for scanning the heavens. Its wide field of view makes it a great choice for viewing big deep sky targets, and its portable size makes it easy to bring along on trips to dark skies. You'll see fascinating star clusters, wispy nebulas, and even galaxies, but this compact refractor also serves up detailed images of the Moon's cratered surface, Saturn's rings, and other solar system targets.
The ShortTube 80-A's doublet objective lens is multi-coated for excellent light transmission. It is housed in an all-aluminum tube that's just 15" long, with a 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser on one end and an aluminum dew shield on the other that extends more than 3" out from the lens to prevent dew formation and block off-axis glare. The telescope comes with two quality 1.25" Sirius Plossl eyepieces - 25mm and 10mm - which produce 16x and 40x power, respectively, as well as a 90° mirror diagonal (1.25"). The eyepiece and diagonal barrels are threaded for optional Orion eyepiece filters. And the big 8x40 finder scope will ensure you can locate and center your target with ease.
Lastly, the ShortTube 80-A includes two felt-lined, hinged tube rings and a Vixen-type dovetail mounting plate for attachment of the telescope to the compatible mount of your choice.
Let the Orion ShortTube 80-A 80mm Refractor Telescope introduce your whole family to the wonders of the night sky! And for the astro hobbyist who already owns a bigger telescope, the ST80-A makes a wonderful grab-and-go second telescope to have on hand! Assembled weight, 4 lbs. 10.6 oz.In The Box
- ShortTube 80 OTA
- 8x40 finder scope with bracket
- Tube rings, pair
- Dovetail bar
- 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece
- 10mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece
- 90-degree mirror star diagonal