Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
- Compact and highly sensitive monochrome guide camera with 2.3-megapixel 1936x1216 sensor
- Large 11.3mmx7.1mm sensor gives wider field of view to increase the number of potential guide stars
- High 77% QE and low read noise allows tracking of faint guide stars
- Works well for planetary imaging
- USB2.0 Type C interface and ST4 autoguiding port
- Ready to go out of the box with cables, adapters, and manual; Software and drivers available from manufacturer's website
- Weighs 140g (4.9oz)
ZWO’s ASI174 Mini makes an ideal wide-field guide camera for astronomical imaging. This miniature astronomy camera uses a 2.3 megapixel monochrome sensor with high QE and low read noise to give an outstanding level of performance despite its compact size. The ASI174 Mini uses a larger sensor than the ASI290 Mini guide camera, which makes it ideal for use with an off-axis guider when imaging with longer focal length Schmidt-Cassegrain or Ritchey-Chretien telescopes. The camera also works well as a planetary imager with longer focal length scopes.
The ASI174 Mini uses a large 1/1.2” sensor (11.3mmx7.1mm) with 1936x1216 resolution and 5.86 micron pixels. The sensor gives a larger field of view than the ASI290 Mini, which means there are more potential guide stars available. The monochrome sensor has a peak QE of 77% and a read noise of just 3.5e to allow the selection and tracking of fainter guide stars when necessary.
The ASI174 Mini weighs just 140g (4.9oz) and has a diameter of 36mm. The main body of the camera slips into a 1.25” focuser and includes a M28.5X0.6 female thread. The camera uses a small Type C USB2.0 interface, the same type of connector used by many cell phones, and its ST4 port enables direct connection to the autoguiding port on the telescope mount.
ZWO has phased out software CDs, but this camera comes with instructions to download the required control software and drivers directly from the ZWO website.
- Sensor: 1/1.2″ CMOS IMX174LLJ / IMX174LQJ
- Resolution: 2.3Mega Pixels 1936×1216
- Pixel Size: 5.86µm
- Exposure Range: 32µs-300s
- ROI: Supported
- Interface: USB2.0
- Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
- Adaptor: 1.25″ / M28.5X0.6
- Dimension: φ36mm X 61mm
- Weight: 140g
- Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
- 1936x1216 18.4 FPS
ASIair Plus Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Plus. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Plus to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.