Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS only)
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- 11” (2800 mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 41% more light gathering than a 9.25” telescope
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
For those looking to step up to an 11-inch optical tube, Advanced VX is a great option. Not only is it one of Celestron’s most affordable 11-inch telescopes, it is also one of the most portable. The Advanced VX mount is strong enough to support this optical tube assembly and a couple of small accessories, yet weighs far less than some of our other 11-inch telescope kits. As far as optics go, the 11-inch SCT gathers 41% more light than the 9.25-inch model. You also get our StarBright XLT coatings for even better light transmission.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
|Aperture (mm)||280 mm (11 in)|
|Focal Length||2800 mm (110 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||661 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||1600 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.7|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||40 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||70 x|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||24" in (610 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||27 lbs (12 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.41 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.5 arc seconds|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||95 lbs (43 kg)|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
|Weight of Counterweights||3 x 12 lbs|