Shipping Calculated At Checkout, or FREE In-Store Pickup
Currently back-ordered, please contact us for estimated availability.
- 10” (254 mm) Dobsonian-style Newtonian
- 1200 mm focal length (f/4.7)
- 2” single-speed Crayford-style focuser with 1.25” adaptor
- 4-element Plössl 25mm and 10mm 1.25” eyepieces
- 9×50 straight through finderscope
- SynScan hand controller with 42,000 object database
- GoTo Dobsonian base
The exciting new Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan series is precision engineered instrument that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures, such as Planets, Nebulae, Star Clusters, Galaxies and much more. With its patented collapsible tube design, these Dobsonians are truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
The elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Flextube Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening! The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards.
The SynScan™ AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes – but with no need for re-alignment!
The Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan series combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the convenience of a computerized Go-To telescope.
SynScan™ AZ hand control SPECIFICATIONS:
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors,
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
- Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
|Mirror Coatings||94% Aluminum|
|True Aperture (mm)||257|
|Primary Aperture (mm)||254|
|Focal Length (mm)||1200|
|Secondary Obstruction (by diameter)||25%|
|Secondary Obstruction by Area||6%|
|Light Gathering (compared to next size down)||57%|
|OTA Length (Retract/Ext.)||31.5"/44"|
|OTA Outer Diameter||11.375"|
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||33|
|Dob Base Weight||39|
|Dob Base Measurements||30"x20"|
|Zenith Eyepiece Height||49"|
|Included Finder||9x50 Finder|
|Included Eyepieces||25/10 Plossl|
|Magnification w/ Included Eyepieces||48x/120x|