Out of stock, but available to order.
Looking to get started in Astrophotography? This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Camera) package with everything else you need!
The RedCat 51 provides a wide-field 250mm focal length imaging scope that pairs perfectly with the light and portable iOptron SkyGuider Pro tracking mount. Because the RedCat and camera can be on the heavier side, we've added the William Optics counterweight extension bar to keep things in balance. And to make it easier to find your imaging target, we are adding the RedCat saddle handlebar and the William Optics Red Dot Finder. This handlebar saddle will accept the Red Dot Finder, or accommodate a future guide scope as you develop your imaging skills.
Our Astrophotography Starter Pack is offered with different camera t-mount adapters to let you connect the RedCat to your camera. (If you aren't sure which one you need for your camera, just ask us!)
- iOptron SkyGuider Pro with Optical Polar Scope
- William Optics RedCat 51 wide-field imaging scope w/ Case
- iOptron SkyGuider Pro 1.25" Tripod w/ Case
- William Optics RedCat Handlebar / Saddle
- William Optics Red Dot Finder
- William Optics Extension bar for SkyGuider Pro
- Choice of camera T-mount (Canon EF, Canon R, Nikon, Nikon Z, or Sony Alpha, or None)
- Newest version (including camera angle adjuster, cat paw scope clamp, and DSD dovetail bar)
- 51mm quadruplet ED APO f/4.9 (250mm fl)
- FPL53 & FPL51 glass
- 3.2 lbs tube weight.
- 44mm imaging circle with a flat field edge to edge for full-frame sensors
- Dual Vixen and Arca Swiss Dovetail
- M48 thread to accept wide t-rings/t-mounts
- Case included
- Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced with DEC mounting bracket, exclude CW)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-az base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Includes iOptron AccuAlign dark-field illuminated polar scope or iPolar Electronic polar scope (select option).
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in ST-4 autoguiding port
- Micro USB port for power, charging and firmware upgrade
- Vixen dovetail saddle for scope mounting