This economical version of The Night Sky chart contains the same low-distoriton two-sided map projection as our plastic planisphere but comes in a 8.5″ x 9″ cardboard format.
With instructions printed on the back for handy reference you will be locating constellations and select deep sky objects within minutes.
Designed for approximately 40° North latitude.
The Night Sky is Designed to be Used!
- Unlike coffee-table planispheres, The Night Sky is printed with dark stars on a light background, for easy nighttime readability.
- The constellations are drawn simply, emphasizing the brighter stars which makes them easy to recognize and locate with the naked eye or entry level equipment.
- Coordinate grid lines are shown without being intrusive. Coordinates are shown because they can be useful for cross referencing with star atlases.
- A selection of deep sky objects for binocular viewing is included.
- The Night Sky is larger than it looks! The map scale is larger than on similar-size planispheres because the whole sky does not have to be shown on a single map.