Qualifies Towards Free Ground Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
- ISO-CERTIFIED SOLAR TELESCOPE FILTER: Certified to comply with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for filters for direct viewing of the Sun.
- WORKS WITH YOUR EXISTING TELESCOPE: Compatible with Celestron StarSense Explorer DX 102AZ and Omni XLT AZ 102 telescopes.
- SAFE, SNUG FIT: Three safety screws keep your filter securely attached to your telescope’s objective. A safety cap protects outer surface of filter when not in use.
- SOLAR FILM MADE IN THE USA: Our Solar Safe film is produced in the USA by American Paper Optics, one of the suppliers recommended by NASA for safe solar viewing.
- GREAT VIEWS AND IMAGES: This filter features an orange tint, producing a natural look perfect for visual observing and capturing images through your telescope.
Turn your Celestron StarSense Explorer or Omni telescope into a solar scope! The EclipSmart Eclipse Solar Filter is a must-have accessory perfect for viewing the Sun and eclipses like the upcoming 2023 Annular Solar Eclipse and 2024 Total Solar Eclipse. Affordable, easy to use, and best of all, ISO-certified Solar Safe, all Celestron EclipSmart products comply with the latest ISO 12312-2 standards. This solar filter is custom designed for the StarSense Explorer DX 102AZ and Omni XLT AZ 102 telescopes. Three safety screws securely hold the filter in place for a safe, snug fit.
Solar Safe Technology
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology—the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including IR and UV light, plus 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
Important safety note: inspect your filter before every use. Do not use and discard if damaged, torn, punctured, or separated from the frame in any way.
2023 - On October 14, 2023, the famed “Ring of Fire” will encircle a darkened Moon during a spectacular annular eclipse. This special type of partial solar eclipse occurs when the Moon is too far from Earth to cover the Sun completely. The Sun's corona is not visible during an annular eclipse. Click here for more info.
2024 - On April 8, 2024, the Moon will completely cover the Sun during an awe-inspiring Total Solar Eclipse. Observers within the path of totality will witness the sun’s dazzling corona, observe the “diamond ring” effect, and see day turn to night. Click here for more info.
|Telescope Compatibility:||Celestron StarSense Explorer DX 102AZ and Omni XLT AZ 102 models|
|Filter diameter (external):||120mm (4.72")|
|Filter diameter (internal):||117mm (4.6")|
|Filter thickness:||20mm (0.78")|
|Filter clear aperture:||53mm (2.08")|
|Weight of filter:||4 oz (115 g)|
|Solar image color:||Orange|
|Filter material:||Scratch resistant polymer produced by American Paper Optics|
|Nylon safety screws:||Three|
|California Residents||View Proposition 65 Warning|