Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
- With the included 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope and StarShoot Mini 2mp Mono AutoGuider, this complete autoguiding solution is ideal for accurate, high resolution guiding
- Included StarShoot Mini 2mp AutoGuider provides more potential guide star choices with its high-sensitivity Sony IMX 290 sensor
- With its big 60mm objective lens and non-rotating Helical Focuser, the included 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope makes guide star selection easy
- A high-performance autoguiding setup with exceptional sensitivity - 2.9 micron pixels and ~80% quantum efficiency
- At just 2 lbs., 2.5 oz., this lightweight autoguiding setup won't overload your astrophotography rig
Supercharge your astrophotography rig with a performance boost from this guidescope package! The StarShoot Mini 2mp Mono AutoGuider combined with the 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser provides a very wide field of view, full of a multitude of guide stars to choose from.
No matter what type of telescope you're using for long-exposure astrophotography, precise guiding is an absolute requirement to obtain pinpoint star images. Using both a dedicated autoguider camera and a guide scope is arguably the best way to optimize the accuracy of any astrophotography pursuit. Employing a complete autoguiding setup like the Orion StarShoot Mini & 60mm Guide Scope Package is especially useful for capturing images of faint deep-sky objects, when multiple long exposures are required.
The included StarShoot 2mp Mini AutoGuider features the Sony IMX 290 12-bit sensor, with 2.9 micron pixels for extremely high resolution guiding. With ~80% Q.E., stars will be visible in any area of the sky you point your guidescope to ? no need to readjust the guidescope position to find that "bright" star to lock on to. And with the included 64-bit ASCOM drivers, the StarShoot Mini is fully compatible with most programs on the market, including PHD2 Guiding.
The included 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser has a large, 60mm aperture lens for better light-gathering than 50mm and smaller models. The larger aperture lets you see more stars in the guide scope field-of-view, for a brighter selection of guide star choices. A built-in helical focuser allows precise focus adjustments with zero flexure for rigid performance. The focuser moves the attached Mini AutoGuider inwards or outwards while maintaining its orientation, so your field of potential guide stars will not rotate as focus is adjusted. Two heavy-duty guide scope rings with nylon-tipped thumbscrews are included for precise aiming, as is a 3.5" long (8.9 cm), 1.18" (3cm) wide Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar for easy attachment.
An added benefit of the versatile 60mm Guide Scope with Helical Focuser is its ability to double as a straight-through finder scope when used in combination with an optional 1.25" eyepiece. With an optional eyepiece inserted, the Guide Scope allows easy visual alignment of the Guide Scope with the main imaging telescope prior to attaching and using the StarShoot Mini. A non-marring compression ring keeps inserted eyepieces in-place without scratching the eyepiece barrel.
The assembled Orion StarShoot Mini 2mp AutoGuider & 60mm Guide Scope Package weighs just 2 lbs., 2.5 oz., so it won't add excessive weight to your astrophotography setup.
- StarShoot Mini 2mp AutoGuider
- 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- USB 2.0 Cable (6')
- RJ-12 cable (6')