Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
Optical tube ONLY. This is not a beginner telescope. No diagonal, eyepieces, mount, or other accessories.
The iOptron® Photron™ Ritchey-Chretien design telescopes, feature low thermal expansion quartz primary and secondary mirrors with ninety-nine percent reflective dielectric coatings. The RC optical design delivers coma, spherical and chromatic aberration free results, perfect for color or monochrome imaging. A fixed position primary mirror eliminates image shift that occurs from focusing with other telescope designs. The iOptron RC8 comes with a 2" dual-speed linear-bearing Crayford focuser. Three focuser extension rings are provided for a “flex-free” solid extension as a means to take up any unneeded back focus. Its steel tube is equipped with 10 knife edge baffles to diminish contrast reducing stray light, improving the instrument in both visual and imaging uses. A RC8 model comes with top and bottom dovetail plates adding rigidity to the tube while providing attachment points for the mount and other accessories to be used.
- Coma free, chromatic aberration-free, spherical aberration-free optics
- 200mm (8") optical aperture
- 1624mm focal length
- f/8 focal ratio
- Fixed primary
- Low thermal expansion quartz mirrors
- Multiple Knife-Edge Baffle System
- 2" dual-speed Crayford Focuser
- Finder scope base and two dovetails bars
- Optional finder scope, diagonal and 1.25" eyepiece
- Optional iOptron Electric Focuser (#8451)
- OTA w/2" dual-speed Crayford focuser
- 2X25mm, 1X 50mm focus extention
- 1.25" accessory adapter
- Top Vixen-style mounting bar and bottom Losmandy-style dovetail bar
|Resolving Power||0.58 arc seconds|
|Highest Useful Magnification||236X|
|Secondary Mirror Size||95mm|
|Focuser||10:1 Crayford dual-speed|
|Mounting Bar (Top)||Vixen-style|
|Tube Weight||18 lbs|
|Other Accessories||2” to 1.25” compression ring adapter;
1" long extension tube X2
2" long extension tube X1
|Gross Weight||25 lbs|
|Warranty||One year limited|