Qualifies Towards Free Ground Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
- Compact, fast f/5 refractor optical tube assembly excels for use as a guide scope, or for wide-field observations
- Includes Rings and vixen style dovetail for mounting to standard telescope mounts.
- Multi-coated 80mm aperture, 400mm focal length achromatic optics are housed in an all-metal tube
- Its 1.25" aluminum rack-and-pinion focuser has excellent drawtube rigidity with ZERO flexure. Drawtube collar allows attachment of autoguider camera or accessories via their 1.25" nosepiece with dual thumbscrew lock-down or via direct, ultra-secure T-thread attachment.
- Sold as optical tube assembly with rings and short dovetail only.
Sold without accessories, the ShortTube 80 Refractor Telescope Optical Tube Assembly is ideal for basic astrophotography pursuits or as an added grab and go scope. The fast f/5 achromatic optics provide a wide field of view that makes guide star acquisition a breeze. Its all-metal tube features a rack-and-pinion focuser with drawtube tension adjustment and a molded-in dovetail finder scope base that accepts optional Orion finder scopes. Weighing well under 3 lbs., the ShortTube 80 OTA can easily be added to virtually any astrophotography rig without exceeding your equatorial mount's payload capacity.
You'll love this refractor telescope's bright, expansive views. Its multi-coated 80mm achromatic objective lens and short 400mm focal length are perfect for scanning vast vistas. Add your favorite telescope eyepieces, correct-image or mirror diagonal, and finder scope or reflex sight (all sold separately) and you'll have an instrument customized for adventure.
The ShortTube 80 Refractor Telescope Optical Tube Assembly measures 15" in length. Its fixed aluminum dew shield extends a full 3-1/4" out from the objective lens to prevent dew formation and block off-axis glare. Another nice feature: the eyepiece holding collar on the focuser drawtube has two thumbscrews to ensure secure lockdown of your guide camera or diagonal. The end of the collar is even threaded with male T2 threads to allow threaded attachment of a DSLR directly to the focuser (with proper T-ring) for photography.In The Box
- ShortTube 80 OTA
- Rings and vixen dovetail