Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS Only)
Note: New in stock units have the revised control board to correct an issue with the initial release of this mount.
iOptron's new ultra compact AZ GoTo mount -- introducing The SkyHunterTM!
This mount is available in 3 separate configurations comprised of different accessories.
Fifteen years after releasing the innovational CubeTM AZ/EQ GoTo mount, the SkyHunterTM takes the next step toward perfection. It is the lightest and most compact full function portable goto mount in iOptron's exceptional history. Weighing in at only 2.9 lbs (including internal rechargeable battery), the SkyHunter TM is capable of supporting an 11 lbs payload in both equatorial and alt-azimuth modes.
The SkyHunterTM mount features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres.
The SkyHunterTM mount can be controlled by an iOS or Android SmartPhone/tablet, an optional 8410 hand controller, or a computer via ASCOM, INDI or embedded drive.
- Specialized Grab N’ Go GOTO EQ/AZ mount
- Mount weighs 2.9 lbs (1.3kg)
- Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, exclude CW)
- Dual-axis servomotors with optical encoders
- Tracking speed: solar, lunar, 1X, 1/2X, S/N
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Vixen dovetail saddle
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 10 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in WIFI adapter for full ASCOM, iOptron CommanderTM and Sky Safari control
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Optional Go2Nova® 8410 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Counterweight Shaft: Φ20X200mm with 3/8” thread, stainless steel
- Counterweight: 3 lbs (1.35kg)
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- 1.25" Stainless steel tripod (#3221)
- Optional carbon fiber tripod
- Pier-extension (#8041)
- One year limited warranty on mount, 90 day for battery
- SkyHunterTM GOTO EQ/AZ mount
- Stainless steel counterweight shaft
- 3 lbs counterweight
- MiniUSB charging cable
- #3221 Tripod
- #8041 Pier extension
- One Year Limited Warranty (90 day on battery)
|Mount||Ultracompact GOTO EQ/AZ mount|
|Payload (Max.)||11 lbs (5kg), balanced|
|Mount weight||2.9 lbs (1.3kg) with battery|
|Structure material||Metal frame structure|
|Motor drive||Dual-axis DC servo motor with optical encoder|
|Tracking speed||Solar, Lunar, Cel, 1/2 Cel, and N/S|
|Maximum slew speed||4.5°/sec (1080X)|
|Worm period||600 sec|
|RA/DEC worm wheel||Φ77 mm, 144 teeth|
|Hand controller||(Optional 8410 HC)|
|Altitude adjustment range||0º ~ 80º|
|Azimuth adjustment range||±5º|
|Power Requirement||Internal rechargeable battery|
|Battery type||Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000mAh|
|Duration of operation||Up to 10 hours at 20ºC|
|Counterweigh Shaft||Φ20mmX200mm, 3/8" thread, stainless steel|
|Counterweigh||3 lbs (1.3 kg)|
|Body base connection||Vixen dovetail, 3/8” socket|
|Power charge port||MiniUSB (5V)|
|Communication port||Yes (Wi-Fi and USB)|
|Firmware upgrade||Yes (via USB port)|
|Tripod||3221 Stainless Steel, optional carbon fiber tripod|
|Pier extension||Φ80x190 mm|
|Operation Temperature||-10ºC ~40ºC|
|Warranty||One year limited (90 day on battery)|