Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS only)
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail. NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- 8” (2032 mm) f/10 Edge HD includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Edge HD optical design fully corrects for coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat field
- Built-in tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filters allow hot air to be released behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible tube comes with removable secondary mirror for fast f/2.8 imaging
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
Advanced VX 8” EdgeHD: truly the ultimate entry-level astroimaging package. This package combines the groundbreaking new Advanced VX mount with Celestron’s best optics, the EdgeHD optical system. This setup offers the astroimager maximum versatility – allowing up to 3 different f-stop configurations. Users can attach a camera to the rear of the telescope and shoot at f/10, or attach our 8-inch focal reducer and shoot at f/7. Additionally, EdgeHD is Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, giving imagers the option to shoot at ultra-fast f/2. No matter which configuration you choose, EdgeHD technology gives you pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of the CCD sensor.
With an 8-inch optical tube and our portable Advanced VX mount, this setup can be easily transported and assembled by one person. You’ll also have plenty of load capacity to attach your camera and other accessories. This setup is simple enough for a beginner to use, but can also provide years of enjoyment for sophisticated astroimagers.
About the Mount
The new AVX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
The NexStar+ hand control offers multiple languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
|Aperture (mm)||203 mm (7.99 in)|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||841 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||51 x|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||17" in (432 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||13 lbs (5.9 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 11 lbs|
- 8" f/10 Edge HD telescope
- Advanced VX Computerized Mount
- 9x50 finderscope
- 1.25" star diagonal
- 40 mm Plossl eyepiece
- 1 x 11lb counterweight
- Adjustable steel tripod, 2" legs
- Tripod Accessory tray
- NexStar hand control
- DC Power Adapter cable