Limit 1 Per Customer
Purchase for resale not allowed.
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Free Ground Shipping Available (CONUS only)
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with the narrow dovetail and larger CGE dovetail. NOTE: Works with Celestron CGE dovetail, but not Losmandy D dovetails, which are about 1mm wider.
- 9.25” (235 mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 33% more light gathering than a 8” telescope without the weight of the 11” optical tube
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
Advanced VX 9.25” SCT is an excellent choice for intermediate level astroimagers looking to gather 33% more light than our 8” telescope, but without the added weight of our 11” optical tube. No single piece of this kit weighs more than 20 lbs, making it easy for one person to transport and assemble. This f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope features Celestron’s StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission and a 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars.
About the Mount
The new AVX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
The NexStar+ hand control offers multiple languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).
|Aperture (mm)||235 mm (9.25 in)|
|Focal Length||2350 mm (93 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||1127 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||94 x|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||22" in (559 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||20 lbs (9.07 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
|Weight of Counterweights||2 x 11 lbs|