Qualifies Towards Free Standard Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
Yes, our inventory is accurate!
We do not offer products for purchase unless they are in stock.
- Four great Moon filters in one kit—everything you’ll ever need for optimal views of the lunar surface
- Three neutral density (ND) filters with different levels of light transmission (13%, 25%, and 50%) allow you to choose the perfect filter for your viewing conditions
- Moon & Sky Glow filter provides high contrast views of the lunar surface and enhances observation of deep sky objects from light polluted skies
- Aluminum filter cells provide a rigid, durable housing for the filter glass and are threaded on top and bottom for stacking
- Kit includes a plastic carrying case with Moon map and legend for identifying the most popular lunar features
This Moon Filter Set contains all the filters you will ever need to observe the Moon during its various phases. The set allows you to choose the best filter to use with different eyepiece and telescope combinations. Use the darkest filter with larger aperture telescopes and lower magnification eyepieces. Use the lighter filters with smaller telescopes and higher magnification eyepieces.
- Three neutral density (ND) filters: ND96-0.9 13% T, ND96-0.6 25% T, and ND96-0.3 50% T —These filters dim the entire visual spectrum from 400-700nm equally. The ND96-0.9 filter transmits 13% of the incoming light, the ND96-0.6 transmits 25% and the ND96-0.3 transmits 50%. They do not impart any color to the Moon, but reduce lunar brightness. With several ND filters to choose from, you can find just the right level of light transmission for the Moon depending on its phase, the aperture of your telescope, and the magnification of your eyepiece. ND filters can also be used reduce the glare from Venus to better see its crescent phases, and to help dim bright daytime views when using a telescope terrestrially.
- A Moon & Sky Glow filter — This filter selectively reduces light transmission at different wavelengths and greatly improves contrast for observing subtle lunar features. This filter imparts a very light purple color to the Moon. For those in light-polluted skies, the Moon & Sky Glow filter provides some contrast enhancement when viewing deep sky objects due to the filter blocking some wavelengths associated with common forms of light pollution, e.g. low-pressure sodium (LPS) street lights.
- A durable plastic carrying case — The Moon Filter Set comes with a foam-lined plastic case to store all four filters when they are not in use and protect them during transit.
- Moon map and legend — Familiarize yourself with the Moon, our neighboring world with the help of our handheld Moon map. The Moon map comes complete with a legend highlighting 17 key features to explore including Sea of Tranquility, Tycho, Plato, Copernicus and many more.
Explore the Moon
Your Moon Filter Set also includes a free download of Robert Reeves’ eBook, Lunar Landscapes, which goes into fascinating detail about the sizes of craters, how marias are formed, the natural history of the Moon, and more.
|Stackable filter threads||Yes|
|Individual filter weight||.21 oz (6 g)|
|Filter 1||ND96-0.9 13% light transmission|
|Filter 2||ND96-0.6 25% light transmission|
|Filter 3||ND96-0.3 50% light transmission|
|Filter 4||Moon and Sky Glow, light purple|
|Total weight with filters and case||2.61 oz (74 g)|