Out of stock, but available to order.
Finally, a compact, reasonably-priced atlas designed with imaging in mind!
Seventy full-color charts cover the entire sky, with stars down to 9th magnitude and over 2000 deep-sky objects plotted in their correct size and shape, including many nebulae not found in visually-oriented atlases.
- 416 emission nebulae and supernova remnants, including the complete Sharpless (Sh2) and RCW catalogs.
- 171 reflection nebulae, including the complete van den Bergh (vdB) catalog.
- 146 planetary nebulae, including the complete Abell catalog
- 52 dark nebulae and molecular clouds
- 792 galaxies (larger than 3 arcminutes)
- 38 galaxy groups from the Abell and Hickson catalogs
- 108 globular clusters (larger than 5 arcminutes)
- 309 open clusters (larger than 5 arcminutes)
The tabular index contains important details on each object, including a description, the best time of year to capture it, and the required field of view.
With information on nearly every possible photographic target in the night sky, The Astrophotography Sky Atlas will help you choose your targets and plan your imaging.