Yes, our inventory is accurate!
Qualifies Towards Free Ground Shipping (CONUS Only) For Most Orders Of $79 Or More
This is an Astronomik CLS full-frame clip filter for the Nikon XL camera. It is in very good condition: the optics are clean with some tiny amount of dust as you would expect from normal use.
This comes in its original jewel box.
Astronomik CLS XL Clip Filter for Nikon Full Frame DSLR Cameras
- This Astronomik CLS XL Clip Filter incorporates the Nikon Full Frame Clip format and is compatible with Nikon D750, D780, D800, D810, and D850 full frame DSLR cameras.
- Fitting securely and comfortably in the camera, this filter can be attached and detached with only your finger, no tools required!
- No camera modifications are necessary to use this filter.
- Eliminates the resulting orange glare from urban light pollution by permitting the largest section of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass while obstructing the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor.
- Displays more detail in stars and nebulae.
- Astronomik CLS filters provide nearly 100% transmission between 450 nm and 530 nm which includes the visual and h-alpha portion of the spectrum.
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters provide resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and humidity.
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing optics of superior quality!
More About the Astronomik CLS Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter
The Astronomik CLS Nikon XL Clip Filter is suitable for use with full frame Nikon D800 and D810 DSLR Camera models under light-polluted conditions, for astronomical use. This filter further highlights the contrast between your selected object and the background. Due to its wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater quantity of light will be transmitted by this CLS filter. Stars will appear less dim. This filter has been optimized to obstruct the greatest amount of spurious light possible while, at the same time, providing the finest performance for desirable wavelengths. Does not block long-wavelength Infrared light.
By blocking the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, but letting a large percentage of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass, the CLS filter will effectively block out most surrounding light pollution, which can spoil your images. The filters are optimized for use with lenses with all apertures, working at f/3 and above.
Astronomik XL clip filters enable astrophotography with DSLR cameras despite severe light-polluting conditions without white balance shift. All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Optical performance is not affected. Multi-layer coatings offer high resistance to scratches and the effects of aging, as well as high humidity. Astronomik filters come with a high-quality, durable, plastic storage case.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the Nikon D750, D780, D800, D810, and D850. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine.
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Permits wavelengths between 450 nm and 540 nm, as well as above 640 nm, to pass
- Permits Infrared wavelengths to be transmitted
All Astronomik Filters are perfect for modern cameras, including both CMOS and CCD based cameras, allowing you to capture the very best images possible with your instruments. Sharpness, contrast and the absence of any reflections is guaranteed.
Each and every Astronomik filter has to pass a complex quality control process before being suitable for delivery to our customers. Each and every emission line filter is measured with a high-end Perkin-Elmer spectral-photometer to make sure that every single filter is up to the specifications published on our website.